Grass Roots Pilates Policies
Cleaning- Please clean equipment as you move from one piece to another, rather than at the end of your session. Someone else may move to that machine during the session.
Cell Phones– To support privacy and create a peaceful environment, please keep cell phones on silent and take or make any calls outside.
Conversation- The relationships built at the studio are very special! Grass Roots Pilates prides itself on our friendly atmosphere and inclusive family feel. That being said, we do ask that you keep the conversations during class to a minimum and at a volume that does not disrupt the others in the studio. We also ask that divisive topics be discussed outside of the studio.
Contact Information. Please keep your contact information current with the studio. We limit group communication, but do expect clients to read informational emails and invoices when they are sent.
Hygiene . We ask that you refrain from using scented perfumes, lotions and products of like prior to class. Please wear long hair up while in studio. Deodorant is appreciated.
Attire. Please wear something that lets you move, isn’t too baggy, and lets the instructor see the lines of your body. Most athletic attire is perfectly suitable, such as leggings and tank top or t-shirt.
Flexible waist shorts are acceptable.
Please wear fitted athletic compression shorts under any open leg shorts.
Shoes are not worn for Pilates workouts. Socks are highly recommended in the studio. We strongly suggest people to wear grip socks, designed specifically for Pilates/yoga as a light barrier and to enhance their grip on the equipment. We sell them in the studio.
Please do not wear any jewelry, watches, clothing with metal zippers or belts that could catch on or scratch the equipment (for your own safety and protection of your pieces as well as the equipment).
Listen to your body. You are responsible for your body. If an instructor asks you to do something that really doesn’t feel right for you (which is different than “requires exertion”), it is alright not to do it. Our experienced staff has a modification for every situation and would gladly advise you.
Your Current State. Often, we will check in with students before a class, and ask how they are feeling and if there is anything new or specific going on in their body or any extra stress, etc. But if something really new is going on for you, please inform your instructor or the owner as to what is going on so that we may prepare for and give you the best class for your current status and plan a strategy for your healing as needed.
Benefits of Regular Practice. To experience the optimal benefits of a movement practice, it’s important to commit yourself regularly! We recommend a minimum of 2 times per week, more if you can make the time. Whether in a private, duet, semi private or group class practicing Pilates on a consistent basis will accelerate your learning and greatly enhance your overall health. We do also believe that a consistent 1 class per week can be a great enhancement to another type of regular exercise regime and do not want to discourage anyone who can only commit to 1 class per week.
Social Media. Our Instagram and Facebook page will be kept up to date with information and motivational posts. We would love for you to participate by liking @grassrootspilates on Instagram and Grass Roots Pilates on Facebook.
Personal Items-Grass Roots Pilates LLC cannot be responsible for lost or stolen items. Anything found after being left behind will be set in the Lost and Found Box, however we suggest that valuable items not be brought into the studio. There are hooks to hang purses and outerwear and an area to place shoes during sessions. There is also a changing area for use by one person at a time.
Payment and Scheduling Policies.
- All fees are based on a 1 hour class time (unless otherwise specified), allowing the last couple of minutes for cleaning so the next class can start on time.
- In Scheduling, ‘Classes’ refers to Group Classes and Semi Privates. ‘Appointments’ refers to Privates and Duets. ‘Courses’ refers to our Get Rooted Series or any pre-paid, limited date series or workshop.
- We require payment in advance. New Clients may pay on the first day of attendance.
- Payments can be made by check, cash, zelle or Venmo (@Nicole-Comella-1)
- There are no refunds, however, you may contact the owner, Nicole Comella, to discuss an extenuating circumstance.
- All Private and Duet Appointments, as well as Courses will be scheduled though the office via phone or email. Clients will however, be able to cancel an appointment themselves through the Mindbody app or our website.
- Group Classes and Semi Privates should be scheduled (including cancelling, changing or adding sessions) on the Mindbody app or using the web version on our website. Those on a Recurring Schedule will be scheduled by the GRP Team but clients can make one time edits through Mindbody.
- A Recurring Schedule is suggested for all clients who plan to practice on a regular basis. This holds your spot in specific Classes or Appointments on an on-going basis. You simply cancel in the app within 24 hours if you cannot attend.
- To hold a Recurring Schedule for a Class or Appointment, we require a pre-paid Package. We have Packages of 5, 10 and 20 and for Semi Privates offer also a 50 Package. (See Descriptions and Fees). An auto email will be sent when the current package is low.
- In order to permanently change or cancel a Recurring Schedule, please contact the office and we can remove or change in bulk the remaining scheduled sessions. One time or short term edits can be done by the client for Group Classes or Semi Privates.
- Packages are not transferrable, however if you would like to pay for a friend or relative to try a class, we can use your remaining sessions at the current rate of your package, not the new client discounted rate.
- Contact the owner to discuss Package Expiration Extention needs due to illness, injury or extenuating circumstances.
- New Client Specials can only be used one time by each person and are limited to 5 Classes or Appointments.
- There is a 24 Hour Cancellation Policy once you have signed up for a Class or Appointment or have a Recurring Schedule. Your account will have a session deducted if you cancel within 24 hours. You can remove yourself from a Class or Appointment through the Mindbody app or the grassrootspilatessb.com website. You will receive an auto email confirming your cancellation. If you need assistance with a schedule change, or want to discuss a makeup opportunity, feel free to contact the studio at (805) 324-4796, Nicole’s cell (805) 403-6628 or email [email protected]
- Cancellation after the 24 hour mark will result in full payment for the Class or Appointment. If you have a true emergency or illness, contact us and we will work with you the best we can to reschedule with the same instructor or the owner, Nicole, within a couple of days. This makeup session cannot replace a regularly scheduled session. It needs to be in addition to the client’s regular schedule.